Friday, May 4, 2007

A long-time friend

Sorry I haven't posted yet this week. I've been in Atlanta, GA at a Passion Conference for college leaders, pastors and student leaders. The conference is Thirsty. I'm still there. We have one more session today and then a long drive in a 15 passenger van back home.

I've been pretty excited about coming, mostly because of who I knew I would hear from; Francis Chan, Louie Giglio, Andy Stanley, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder, and Charlie Hall. They've all been really good. But I wasn't expecting what I received last night. I had the most incredible conversation with a long-time friend.

I guess, to be honest, I've "communicated" with him several times over the years, but this is the first real conversation we've had in a while. Intimacy. I was talking. He was talking. I was listening. He was genuinely listening to me. It was good. I was moved to tears. I felt honored that he took the time. He felt the same. I even asked if we could do this more often. He said he would love to.

His name is Jesus. I have never felt closer to him than I do today. It was the most incredible moment of my life and I can't wait to talk with him again.

John 10:3-4 - "... The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felt that in the heart...Thanks