Thursday, July 15, 2010

Clover

I wanted to take a few minutes and post a "thank you" to our friends at Clover. We've used Clover for the past two years for our web design and hosting needs. We have not been disappointed.

If you are a church planter, pastor, member, attender, lover, etc., I highly recommend checking them out. The site is so easy to manage and it would take a lot of intentional effort to make it look bad. The team at Clover has gone out of their way, it seems, to make things as easy as possible for me. When we signed up with Clover, I never expected it to be as wonderful as it has been. And with the release of Greenhouse 2.0 (greenhouse is Clovers backend editor... i.e. how you edit your site) it just gets better and better.

So, here are my 5 favorite things about Clover. They are in no particular order, as I couldn't decide what I love most. Maybe I'll add a few more things in the future.





1. Cost
Having researched sites before, I am so impressed (and thankful) that Clover is offering what I have found to be the best product for churches of any size at an affordable price.

2. The Media Player
We post our sermons online and this has been a seamless and easy process with the Clover media player. Type in the name and whatever info you want shown about the sermon and then upload the sermon into the player... a click of the button. Also, check a box and, if you have an account set up to podcast through iTunes, it will update that as well. Beautiful.

3. Pictures
I love how easy it is to insert pictures into the site. First each site gives you different page layout options. Then I can just drag my picture into the designated pic area and enlarge it, shrink it, turn it click a button and it looks great. Really great. Also there is an option to have multiple pictures transitioning on each page. And I can do all of it myself.

4. WYSIWYG
What you see is what you get! I so love this. As I'm typing info into my site, I'm seeing exactly what everyone will see when I'm done. So there's no need to go back and forth from site to editor until you get the desired look. This saves so much time. I'm thankful for that.

5. Customer Service
This has been amazing. Clover is so easy to use that I sincerely have not needed to call but a few times. Those times were questions about setting up podcasting through iTunes or things like that. The staff at Clover has been amazing. I have never waited for an answer. I've always received a very kind and helpful response. I love that. It bothers me when I feel like I'm bothering people. And I never feel like that with Clover.

So to Clover... Thank you. You have blessed many churches and ministries with a great tool to reach people for the glory of God.

To you, the reader, you should check them out. You can "test drive" everything and see for yourself. Just click one of the links in this post and it will take you there. (Like THIS link)

No comments: