Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th prayer

God,

Thank you for letting me experience the freedom that I do in America. Thank you that I do not live in fear of being tortured and even killed for speaking openly about You. Thank you for Jesus, who brought freedom to my heart.

Help me to respond in a way that is honoring to you. With much freedom comes much relaxing and laziness. Help me to speak of you. Help me to live for you in complete obedience.

Help me to love the broken and needy. Help me to see that my freedom is an opportunity to serve and love and give.

And if things continue to get more and more difficult for those who genuinely follow your word, Lord; then help us to respond as your disciples did when they were faced with arrest, persecution and death...

"And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness" (Acts 4:29)

"And when they had called in the apostles, they beat them and charged them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name." (Acts 5:40-41)

Be glorified in your church today, Lord.
Amen.

No comments: