Monday, July 16, 2007

Pastor of my home

I have a deeper love than ever before for pastoring. Yes, my church is included in that, but mostly I love pastoring my home. Family worship is going well, with the boys growing and taking it more seriously each day.

The teaching part of our worship has come from a book we recently purchased. Please take note of the title, dads. It's called, "Truth and Grace Memory Book" and it is published by Founders Press, but you can get it at CBD for cheaper.

The second half of the book is a christian catechism for ages 2 through 4 grade. Each question has passages to teach the doctrine that is covered in that question. It has been great hearing the boys respond to these questions with biblical truth. (If you had checked the blog before, I erased the questions that I had listed from the book due to copyright laws.)

How I look forward to the day when these doctrines shape not only their mind, but their hearts and purposes in life. May God be glorified through it all!

"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deuteronomy 6:6-7

1 comment:

Joe McComb said...

Thats cool bro! I can't wait to start with Quinn when she is two. Thanks for being a great example of what a father and pastor of the home should look like. I appreciate it!